Such a pleasure to work with this great downtown couple who opted to use our city as their back drop + tie the knot at the Spoke Club which definitely complimented their classic yet modern style.
Take a peek at a few high lights from this couple's special autumn wedding <3
Congrats again you two!
Super happy to have this wonderful + talented dude working with me!
Check out his stuff @ www.tylerrumi.com
While he isn't shooting with Roots Canada, Toronto's top events and for little ole' me, he is a connoisseur of McDonald's, anything sweet and drives the best beater car EVER!
That's it for now!
Lots of updates to come from back log of work over the Summer/ Fall!
Heading out to photograph a lovely untraditional indian wedding in Mexico this week!!! Looking forward to some sand, sunshine + smiles to help celebrate Salima + Ivan's love!
See you all in a week <3
Thanks again to the always humble and awesome, Daniel at Studio 315 for accommodating for shoots! I love his studio, for the warm, and natural light. It's a well maintain spot with rawness to it.
Always a pleasure to work in the space.
Check it out by clicking on the photo below.
Over the summer the wonderfully talented team at Carve Design + Communications had me come down to London to give their "brand" a little redo with some new updated lifestyle photos for their website and marketing. So happy to be able to work with Jason Recker and Jesse Gibbs. Both two incredibly down to earth creative guys that really love what they do .Carve is an award winning boutique brand + design studio in London, ON that helps businesses the everything you need as a business to ensure you have good design for your business->
- smart logo and brand design
- retail design elements
- brand strategy
- web design
Give them a holler if you are looking for more awesome in your business!
Happy Weekend Enjoy TN xo
One of the questions I hear the most is, “What do I wear for an engagement shoot?” Below are a few engagement photo ideas to help you achieve the perfect look for your photos.
First things first: Be You.
On the day of the shoot if you are not wearing clothes you you would normally wear, you aren’t being yourself. The purpose of the shoot is to capture you! Go through your closet and find the clothes you wear all the time, then go through these tips to make sure they look good!
Second thing: Consider the Season
For Winter and Fall Photo Shoots Consider these Engagement Picture Outfits:
Ladies: outfits with sleeves are always flattering to arms and a good pair of boots can make any girl’s legs look great.
Gentlemen: a button down and sweater with a nice pair of jeans and dress shoes are a great go-to.
For Spring and Summer Photo Shoots Consider these Engagement Picture Outfits:
Ladies: a pop of color never hurt anyone, it photographs beautifully in color and black and white. Jewelry, a top or even shoes can add that perfect flair!
Gentlemen: button down shirts are very versatile- you can wear a sport coat, roll the sleeves, wear it tucked in or untucked so don’t be afraid to throw a few options in.
Third thing and most Important the Do's & Don'ts!
- Bring at least two outfits: one dressy outfit and one casual outfit
- Splurge on professional hair and makeup, a great artist will take you a long ways. E-mail me to learn more about my favorites!
- Splurge on a great pair of shoes (yes your feet will be in photos). Ladies, heels help you maintain better posture!
- Bring a black top. A simple, dark top allows the focus of an image to be the persons face. An added bonus of dark clothes is that they tend to be slimming. The Little Black dress is popular for a reason!
- Black not your color…Then dive into a beautiful natural dress or a long and lean cotton dress. Remember Rule #1- Be Yourself!
- Wear classic styles to prevent the photograph from looking outdated. A little black dress for women and a solid-colored suit for men will never go out of style.
- Ladies, consider a v-neck top. Turtlenecks, thick scarves and sweaters can add bulk to your appearance. V-necks and open collars elongate the neck and body and bring the focus to your face.
- Guys, consider a collared shirt. A collared shirt frames the face and can be very flattering.
- The perfect match. A solid v-neck for her, a collared shirt for him
- Always choose sleek, fitted clothes over baggy.
- Feel free to coordinate your look and wear complementary colors with others in the photo, but don’t try to match them.
- Clothes put people in context, so remember to dress for your location and theme. If you’re after a fun vibe, wear things that pop, if you want a more formal vibe, then go for a suit and dress.
- Don’t be afraid to wear things that ‘pop’ such as chunky jewelry, fun shoes, a brightly-colored blazer, a tie, a vest, sunglasses or dress hats.
- Bring your favorite items! If you like them on an every day basis, you are going to love them in photos!
- Remember to get your nails done! Especially for Engagement photo shoots, your ring will be a focus! A neutral or solid color photographs quite nicely.
- Bring props! If you have an animal, play an instrument, have a hobby, have a favorite article of clothing or just a meaningful item, bring it with you. These personal items add an extra flair to your look.
- Don’t over tan. Don't burn and Spray tans are dangerous!
- Don’t go for solid white button down shirts for the two of you. We want coordinating not matching.
- Don’t wear clothes that are too tight to avoid ending up with an ‘extra layer’ on top
- Don’t have your hair cut the day of a portrait. Schedule hair appointments at least a week in advance for a more natural look.
- Don’t forget to iron all wrinkles out. As stated above, I don't photo shop wrinkles out of every photo!
Loved that I got the privileged to shoot again with Cressman Family for their annual family photo session and was super pleased to meet the new addition, little cutie Lucas!
We were able to do both a park setting as well as in door setting to give to different looks.
Graydon and Lucas did such a great job, posing for the camera and of course the beautiful Nicole and hilarious handsome Brad...well I knew they would be photo ready!
Check out some of the shots from the shoot.
Looking forward to next year
Recently did a maternity shoot with the lovely Kovak Family in April (check out the behind the scenes!)
We had such a fun studio shoot with a mix of candids and paint session!
Check out some of the photos from the shoot.
Looking forward to meeting little Zoe Adriana Kozak who recently arrived on May 6th in July for the Kovak's baby session!
Check out some of the final edits of Erin Pollett's recent lifestyle session, that we put together to show case and help brand her fun, edgy style. We had a such a great morning (check out BHS), and I was so happy we got to work together again!
Erin recently started her own marketing business and became one of the many entrepreneurial woman I am proud to know, but she doesn't make it easy to find her. She is definitely a card carrying member of "extroverts anonymous" and the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon has been replaced with more current and much easier 2 degrees of EVP. Go ahead, try it!
Hair & Make Up by the talented Dyane Campbell